Friday, April 12, 2013

Flashback Friday: Max Capacity

With a bunch of friends having babies recently, I advised that while taking tons of baby pix are going to be second nature, be sure to take some pregnant pix too. I realized that I had very few taken--I was pregnant before digital cameras made picture taking so cheap and easy. And I realized I had even fewer good ones--a friend and I lamented how we were pregnant before maternity clothes became cute and affordable through Old Navy, Target, and H&M. I remember investing in a few work clothes from the Motherhood Maternity store, but otherwise mostly being in elastic pants and oversize shirts.

For what it's worth, these are probably my best pregnancy pix:


And of course, these were taken at a baby shower for me and my friend Joanne (who remained slim and only looked like she was stealing a basketball under her shirt) where I was pretty much at max capacity at over 190 pounds.  I managed to gain 20 pounds in my first trimester and 50 overall.  Yes, I definitely took that license to "eat for two".  And yes, I made that dress.

3 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

sheesh. so young and cute. not that you're old and ugly now, but i used to be young and cute too. now i'm just ...not.

Joanne said...

You are so funny! And I love that dress... You are also so clever!