Saturday, April 19, 2008

How did that Asian transvestite get in my car?

So I didn’t wear my suit to that meeting. I wore an acceptable, less formal effort. To polish everything off, I decided to wear makeup. I don’t wear any makeup normally, which started in college as a feminist stand against the Man and Man-centric society but now is probably more of case of laziness. Later, I used to have a set “face” when I would go out on auditions, but since I haven’t gone on an audition in over 5 years, I’m a little out of practice. When I saw my reflection as I was getting into my car, I initially felt a set of acrylic nails short of hopping on the stage in some Asian drag queen revue. Willing to write it off as the equivalent of seeing rain when expecting sun, and too lazy to figure out what to adjust, I drive off to work.

On the whole though, I think most people feel I’m better with face paint than without it. And because I don’t wear makeup everyday, the day I do put on a face, the reaction I get is the equivalent of those fashion Don’ts who get made over into fashion Do’s (oooo, you look great with color on your face, it slims down your jowls, you look less like a potato with a bad weave, blah, blah, blah). To a degree, I know people are trying to encourage me to wear makeup more often and join the ranks of mature, respectable corporate society. But dang, I’m so lazy.

And with a body to match. I got on the scale and it said 161.5. After a week of cardio, hitting the weights, and cutting my caloric intake, I gained a pound. I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat, your body is adjusting, you’re probably retaining water…gaaaaaahhhh! I’m going to seriously lose my shizzle if I don’t shed some funkin' weight for all this funkin' effort.

To end this post on a positive note, I'm heading out to an Ikea mission as part of my de-cluttering strategy. I have got to make headway on at least one thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More than any other, this post begs for a photo!