Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On a sweet note

I picked up 4 shelf units (2 Bennos for DVDs and 2 Expedits) from Ikea. In my head I was going to assemble everything, finish de-cluttering, clean the house top to bottom, and possibly sew some curtains, before my friends Pat and Janet, and their son Dec came to visit from Queens. Though my efforts were continuous, at about T-4 hours, I had to settle for 2 units assembled and de-cluttering what was visible to visitors who came in the front door. And believe it or not, Pat insisted I leave the skeleton on the front porch. Wish granted.

But check out what they gave me for my birthday coming up:



Has anyone received one of these? It's an awesome box full of:


Candy from when I was a kid!

Man this brought me back. I almost wanted to just preserve it but Velina busted into the Fun Dip and Paul had the Chic-O-Stix and Cherry Heads. And I cracked open the chocolate Necco wafers. I'll probably save the Razzle, Bottle Caps, and bubble gum cigarettes for last.

What a sweet way to end the weekend...thanks Pat & Janet & Declan!

1 comment:

Jamie Ko said...

ooh how neat!! I think Michelle got one of those once and was totally going to savor each and every piece of candy...until her kids got to it first.

bummer huh?

looks like a great start to your birthday!