Thursday, April 10, 2008

Paper Adventure Week 14: Looking Forward

So the prompt for Week 14 of Elise Blaha's Paper Adventure was Looking Forward to something in April. Getting the odious task of preparing the tax return done was a great lift off my shoulders. Now I'm looking forward to checking the other stuff off my list.

You know when you ask some friends, does this shirt make me look fat? And they say, Yes. And your hair isn't helping either. When are you going to get it cut?

I totally appreciate the candor. And usually, it's something I knew all along. Except when a friend tells me I have something in my teeth, then I'm like, yeesh, how long did you wait to tell me?! That's when I really need them to tell me stuff.

Anyhoo, I have a couple of friends pretty much tell me that my house is in serious need of de-cluttering (again, tell me something I don't know!) But it's to the point where they're volunteering to give up a Saturday to help me do it. Well, I do have visitors coming in to town later this month so maybe...

Bottom line--with or without them, next item: de-clutter. In April, dammit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone hate clutter so much? It tells a story! I've read a cluttered desk is a sign of a busy mind...so what's an empty desk a sign of?