Monday, April 14, 2008

Stashing it Forward

Given that I was de-cluttering this weekend, it was a huge sign that Emily Falconbridge posted about "Stashing it Forward": taking from the abundance of her stash of scrapbook supplies and gifting it to someone who really needs it, i.e. who has NO budget for art/scrap supplies. I remember being in this situation and the thrill of getting new artsy stuff. So I decided to the same thing. One thing I chose to release was this:


A spiffy vintage Dymo labeler with not only the regular horizontal print wheel, but also the vertical and script wheel. And a case--that's what makes it spiffy! With some vintage Dymo tapes of course. So far, I have a vintage group of stuff:

Besides the labeler and tapes, there is also some vintage valentines, wrapping paper, sheet music, buttons, game sheets, plastic charms, ribbon, and cake toppers...so far.

I also have a huge pile of purely scrapbook stuff (acid-free/lignin-free):

This batch of stuff includes a huge stack of patterned paper, acrylic stamps, stickers, rubons, embellies, etc., from Autumn Leaves, Scrapworks, Making Memories, Scenic Route, Creative Imagination, Jenni Bowlin, Three Bugs in a Rug (to name a few).

I have two batches because I know some folks wish to stick to only acid-free/lignin free product when scrapping so I separated the vintage stuff from the scrapping stuff. To honor the original intent of this particular RAK, I'm inviting anyone who has no budget/money for supplies to comment in this post (as well as your preference for the Vintage or Scrap Stash if you have one) and we'll pull a name at random next Monday, April 21, 2008.

If you're diggin' what you see but you don't "qualify", I'm thinking of another way to give away from my stash as I continue to de-clutter. Because I'm not close to being done. So please check back in!

In terms of where I am overall in de-cluttering: we made huge progress (so far 2 garbage bags full and a lot of boxes) just in my daughter's room alone but I feel like I'm only making the slightest dent. But I'm going to keep on trucking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, these are fab giveaways!!! thanks for being so kind and joining in the goodness!

Pound said...

well i don't qualify, so don't count me... just wanted to say good for decluttering! i'm lol that you took all those thickers now. *snicker*

tobina said...

Hi! I'm an Italian teacher, I teach italian and use scrapbooking to let my students love poetry... but they haven't any material to scrap... so all you want to share would be great for them!!! Here their Los! http://lnx.scrapbookiando.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?mcats=all&si=&what=allfields&name=la%20prof%20di%20scrap&when=&whenterm=

Jamie Ko said...

you've been holding out!! that dymo is fabulous! I swear I didn't know these sorts of thing existed!

and take me out of the drawing too. you know I should totally destash myself...

Becca said...

I'd love to put my sister-in-law in your drawing. She is a student and starting to scrapbook. It would be fun to give her a boost to start this great hobby. Thanks.

susan said...

I don't qualify but just wanted to say, "how very cool of you" and also congrats on decluttering!!!