Friday, June 25, 2010

Productivity and amusement

As my girl and her Nana are off for a week to visit the sweet arrival of Madhu, Jane's and Prashant's baby (hoping for pictures soon--yes I'm counting on you, Nana), I'm on a mission of adult productivity and amusements.

On the productivity side--what else? Decluttering! But I also have an annoying list of errands that take time and would dread dragging the girl along to as well so I aim to cross those off the list while she's gone.

On the amusement side--I plan to see to an R-rated movie or get a drink on each day. When I say R-rated movie, I can't help but think about the Simpsons episode where Milhouse tells Bart--"we're sneaking into R-rated movie--you want to come?" and when Bart asks which one, Milhouse gleefully shouts "Barton Fink!" Because right now, it's slim pickings at the theater right now. There are actually some PG and PG-13 movies that I wouldn't mind seeing but the girl would also be game for so I might as well take the girl with me if I'm going to see them. The only well-received R-rated movie out right now is Winter's Bone. Oof, looks heavy. I may have to resort to DVD rentals.

I'm off to a solid start as I have post-happy hour plans with a couple of friends from work tonight.

No comments: