Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Argh, Sandy!

Or Frankenstorm, if you prefer.  Either way, down in South Carolina, we just suffered high winds for the most part.  Unfortunately, my family and friends are pretty much locked in up in New York and New Jersey.  Besides all the crazy flooding and trees knocked down, power is out for my friends and mom in NJ and my friends in downtown Manhattan.  Fortunately, folks in the outer boroughs have power (knock wood!) including my sister with her little ones in Brooklyn.  The hospital that she gave birth at last Thursday had to be evacuated last night as the generators went down--so glad my sister and niece came home last Saturday!

I'm grateful for that fortunate timing but I'll feel a lot better when folks get their power back on.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.