Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Eating in SoCal

I always, always have to hit Native Foods when I visit SoCal.  This time, per Linda, I had to try their new Bistro Steak sandwich.  My usual is their Reuben but fortunately, I had a friend who was willing to try both and we split both sandwiches:


So GOOD.  I wish, wish, wish there was a Native Foods in South Carolina.

Linda made me these awesome crepes with lemon butter (I helped make the butter!). The best part? She just goes for it. We were having coffee and she's like, "let's make crepes--I read a recipe and it looks real easy". And we did. I would have wanted to test them out and then worry how crappy they'd turn out my first time out but they were perfect:


I also had a dynamite dinner of homemade soup and baked bread at my friend, H's, house.  Though I think one of the best aspects was this dynamite tablescape with this awesome origami mobile:


and origami napkin:


I also got to try a new place, Taco Asylum, which featured all these eclectic tacos, like duck and falafel:


And wild mushroom and pork belly:


Always LOVE eating here in SoCal.

2 comments:

Pound said...

i made crepes for my women's brunch and used the leftover lemon butter and someone said oh man, this lemon butter is sooooo good! and those tacos- is that what made you sick? some of those don't sound particularly great.

Unknown said...

So nice to get to know you- Susi