Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Had a Ben Affleck-Boston kind of day

A while back, I was raving about Gone Baby Gone with a friend and he said, ugh, what is it about that movie that just makes it look like the sun never shines in Boston?  I had to agree, Ben Affleck's Boston (in The Town as well) always emphasizes its grittier, shadier colors and tones.  On a side note, I am looking forward to Argo - great reviews from friends and pros alike.

Anyhoo, today I was back in the hometown and yeesh, it was such a Ben Affleck-Boston day.  I was running around taking my mom to doctors appointments and one of them had no record of our appointment.  This is annoying in itself, but when you travel to town and cluster appointments so these visits can be taken care of, it's totally frustrating.  I had also left some of the more tedious tasks for today and man, on a cloudy, miserable day like today, I just wanted to get a dozen Dunkin Donuts and call it a day.

Thankfully, the sun finally came out (about 2 hours before sundown) and made such a difference and brightened my day.  I don't usually think of myself as affected by cloudy weather, but combined with a lot of things going wrong, my waistline is lucky that I don't live closer to a Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

Pound said...

those are my fave kind of days but ya it makes me feel lazy and staying in bed!