Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yes, but...

As I look down at an empty bag of peanut M&Ms this has been a weekend of hedonism and little reward. Yes, I got to start off my Saturday with some sweet College Gameday and watch Corso call it wrong picking Oklahoma, but I was rooting for them. Yes, Norm Chow finally got the UCLA offensive to score (rather than laying the eggs they have been these weeks past) but they still lost. Yes, I got to see "Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist" which was nostalgic (having seen friends' bands play at those venues and living where it took place) but ultimately, I felt too old/too sober sitting in that movie theater. Yes, I finally exercised but since it'd been such a long time since the last time, I was ridiculously sore and didn't have the gumption to go to the gym again and ate M&Ms instead. Yes, I had a window to see another movie "Choke" but when I texted my homies to see if anyone else wanted to go, I got, we've got a baseball game or I'm doing some fall cleaning and--delete, whatev, Martha Stewarts and saw it alone and cried my eyes out at the heartbreaking storyline. Yes, the stock market rallied, but I still haven't had the stones to check on my 401K. Yes, I had the initiative to go to the batting cages yesterday to practice before tonight's softball game but they closed them because of the high winds.

Yes, the weekend is over, but it's a new day.

I'm going to try to go to the cages again today.

No comments: