Saturday, February 2, 2013

Catch-up: Cali

Also while I was in SoCal, I got to see Liza Minnelli LIVE with Men Alive!  Not only do I get to cross off seeing the legendary Liza Minnelli live off my bucket list, it was a fabulous concert!


Also crashed my friends' kid's birthday party.  The food was great, the kids were adorable, and the party got crafty (bonus: I think I got the oldest into scrapbooking--fingers crossed!):


Loved this simple holiday decoration on this house:


I went to see Silver Linings Playbook in one of these new posh movie theaters where the chairs and armrests are like the wide and roomy first class seating on an airplane.  They also offer wine, beer, champagne, and gelato at concessions as well as reserved seating.  The ticket price went up to about $18 a ticket so it'll probably be a fun indulgence now and then for me!


Also, we had an informal book club while I was out there.  We read and discussed People Who Eat Darkness by Richard Lloyd Parry about a young woman who goes missing in Tokyo.  I wouldn't have picked up this true crime book on my own, but it was really well-written and fairly riveting.


Most of all, I just loved spending time catching up with my friends.  Time always goes by too fast when I'm out there.  Needless to say, looking forward to my next trip out there.

1 comment:

Pound said...

is that true crime or fiction? is it good?