Sunday, February 24, 2008

2008 Oscar Picks

Where have I been? I totally meant to post these sooner. These are my predictions (though not necessarily what I believe should win):

Best Picture: No Country for Old Men (I did like this film, but I feel Atonement deserves it)
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Best Actress: Julie Christie, Away from Her
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Best Supporting Actress: Ruby Dee, American Gangster (I think this will be a Paul Newman/Color of Money award--more a nod to significant lifetime body of work)
Best Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Best Director: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Best Documentary Feature: No End in Sight
Best Documentary Short: Freeheld
Best Foreign Language Film: The Counterfeiters
Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille (everyone loves Pixar!)
Best Art Direction: Sweeney Todd
Best Cinematography: There Will Be Blood
Best Film Editing: No Country for Old Men
Best Original Score: Atonement
Best Original Song: "Falling Slowly", Once
Best Costume Design: Atonement
Best Makeup: La Vie En Rose (though it would be hilarious to see Pirates or even better, Norbit win)
Best Animated Short: I Met the Walrus
Best Live Action Short: At Night
Best Visual Effects: Transformers
Best Sound Editing: There Will Be Blood
Best Sound Mixing: Transformers

Off to watch the Oscars!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I LOVED Paul Newman in Color Of Money (am I the only one?)...PB