Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Because we sure didn’t get to see a Total Eclipse of the Moon!

Tonight was the Big Lunar Eclipse--the last one until 2010. I saw the clouds clearing in the afternoon—so I raced to pick up the girl after work but by the time we got home there were huge wads of clouds in the sky. We wandered outside for a while. She had a sack of goldfish crackers and I had a sack of Trader Joe’s Honey Sesame Cashews.

I thought the sky had that promised vague orangey tinge behind the clouds, but that was probably wishful visualizing on my part. We bumped into other people also futilely hoping to catch a glimpse of the eclipse. One couple claimed to see the start of the lunar eclipse between two clouds. Snort. Show-offs.

We went home deflated as our empty snack sacks.

Well, there’s always 2010.

2 comments:

Pound said...

booo! too bad you didn't get to see it. how cute though that you guys brought snacks and went outside in the cold :P me and ethan are wayyyy too diva to go out in the cold. oh well, there's always 2010. that's only 2 yrs away!

Anonymous said...

Somehow doesn't it always involve snacks?
pb