Monday, February 25, 2008

Who knew?

- Who knew that Bourne Ultimatum would kick a$$ in the post production awards?
- Who knew there wouldn't be the sentimental vote in the actress categories? Maybe because those ladies won other awards already...
- Who knew Helen Mirren had such a smokin' bod? That red dress was total wowee wowee.

Other questions:
- Did anyone else want to throw up at the sight of the guy with the chili & cheese beard in the Carl's Jr chiliburger commercial?
- What's up with the creepy MasterCard commercial with that dude's "searching" eye?

Last thoughts:
- All those "Enchanted" songs up for Original Song...really? All three?
- Watching the Javier Bardem's clip for Best Supporting brought me back. We don't really hear his character speak until that scene and between the conversation and the timbre of his voice--you are riveted. The actor who shared the scene with him was also perfect--who didn't know exactly what was going through their minds?
- You know the joke, if you're one in a million, there's a thousand of you in China? I can't help but think that Marion Cotillard is Leah Remini's French twin sister.
- Ugh, my worst year--only 14 right out of 24 categories. Good thing I didn't do any pools this year. Well there's always next year...

Happy Oscars everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 14 is pretty good (I got 16-I think that's my best ever)-I called the Bourne. Marion and Tilda (but who knew about the Golden Compass?).
There's always one suprise on Oscar night (and this year it was Marion...and I took a chance).

Here's to next year!

Pound said...

...and once again- if hate were people, i'd be china!!!

and me- i knew helen m. had a HAWT bod. i only wish i'll look like that when i'm 60. or whatever she is. actually, i think her body is better than mine NOW lolololol.