Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Committing 2 Fit

To help my WW efforts, I joined a challenge on Paula Wessell's blog to Commit2Fit. It's basically an 8 week challenge to start healthy life habits. I kind of signed up with blind faith that things weren't going to get too freaky. Every Wednesday we get a new healthy life habit.

It kicked off with quite a challenge with Life Habit One: drinking 12 cups of water a day without coffee or soda. I don't know which was harder: drinking the water or giving up the soda and coffee. I kind of reach for diet soda or when I'm feeling really generous with myself, a latte, as a nice, non-sabotaging-to-my-ww-points treat for myself. But boy drinking 12 cups of plain water was a real challenge. I'm not naturally inclined to drink water so I knew I couldn't just sip it from a mug throughout my day. I pretty much slam 2-3 cups at a time. I'm pretty sure I drowned and blacked out at some point. But I did it! And you bet your Benjamin Buttons that I feel healthy doing it.

As challenging as this first habit is, I hope the next one will be easier for me to reach, like giving up crack or playing the slots. Keeping my fingers crossed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun.

Pound said...

what kind of madness is this? no coffee? no soda? they might as well ask you to give up your left eye.