Monday, June 8, 2009

I remember Kyle

Last year on this day, there was a terrible car accident and Kyle was gone.

I took this picture of him just a few weeks before he died. I had just gotten a sweet 50mm f1.4 prime lens for my birthday and was testing it out at a luncheon we were having to celebrate the success of our corporate WalkTeam at last year's AIDSWalk. I caught him in a unique moment where he was coming out of his thoughts and recognizing I was taking his picture. Part of him still looks like he's pondering far away and another part makes me feel like he's looking right at me.

And that's what it still feels like, that Kyle is far away but still here.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Great remembrance for your friend Kyle. There isn't a day that goes by that I wish when the phone rang it was Dottie...

Pound said...

gosh i remember when you posted about him last yr. still so sad.

Anonymous said...

It's a bitter sweet thing - wanting to remember but so sad when I do...
PS. I get goosebumps every time I see that photo of Kyle.

Heidi said...

I guess I just don't have the words...I still miss him