Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Fortunately, Paul is fairly easy to please on Father's Day. Here is one of his dream meals: Buffalo burgers with all the fixings and dessert. Dessert happened to be a mini Swedish Almond Sugar Cake (made by my friend Karen) and a big Strawberry Flan with Rice Pudding. I was fortunate to be a guest of my friend Karen at a fundraiser for Men Alive last night and I won the flan at the dessert auction. I don't know which was sweeter, the dessert or the timing.


As for gifts, Paul scored a book (The Lost City of Z) and See's Candy from his mom, a card and painted heart-shaped rock from the girl, and from me a movie theater size box of Mike & Ikes and these:

I downed a BK value meal to score this full set of these snazzy Star Trek glasses.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Father's Day!

1 comment:

Pound said...

yay so you did save them!!! how did he like the glasses? tj has buffalo burger patties btw, they're pretty good.