Saturday, July 18, 2009

Central Park Zoo



On the first day in the city, we went to the Central Park Zoo, which I had never been to in the all the years I lived in New York. Funny how having a kid makes you do different things, often things I would have found too touristy (like the last visit where the girl wanted to do the Empire State Building) or things I found too expensive, i.e., that had an entrance fee. But the girl wasn't interested in the bars or diners I had hit recreationally before she came along, so the Zoo it was.

It was a hot and humid day but thankully, the Central Park Zoo is small enough to do in a couple of hours. Honestly, I thought they would have a lion, zebra, hippo, and giraffe a la Madagascar, but they didn't (though they do have penguins). It was still a decent zoo with interesting exhibits--ugh, not the best day to go through the steamy Rainforest exhibit--and the girl enjoyed the Sea Lion show and I loved the polar bears.

The girl and I recommend it--perfect afternoon adventure leaving big chunks of the day to rest and stuff your face.

No comments: