Thursday, March 20, 2008

Devil on horseback

Does anyone ride horses? I should just confess that I don't. We had an opportunity to take a couple of trail rides on horseback and basically I feel like I fell on my butt about 90 times in a row. Paul says I should have been an "active" rider, not a passive one. Wha? The lady who led the trail says when she started giving these tour rides she lost about 30 pounds in 30 days. Again, wha? To me that's like saying she lost weight driving to the Costco everyday. I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing so actively on the horse. I'd probably lose a couple of pounds in bone enamel from my rear end slamming down on that saddle whenever the horse decided to jog if I did this every day.

This is Blaze, we're following Dolly:

Do you see her pretty face? No? That's because Blaze would gallop into Dolly's rear end if she could. The trail guide kept telling me that Blaze should be giving Dolly more space. But I could only get Blaze to stop or go. Nothing in between. The only time she gave Dolly room was when Dolly dumped a load of horse poop or poured out a gallon of urine. Frankly, it was a nice alternative to me anxiously murmuring, easy Blaze, give a little room, now, to no avail.

Fortunately, Velina enjoyed the riding. Made the gluteal bone loss worth it.

2 comments:

Pound said...

sheesh, why does every other post remind me of city slickers? :P member when they went on the horses and then the 3 of them had ice packs on their privates? lol

Anonymous said...

Did you go to a dude ranch or somethin'?? We used to ride when I was young (there was a stable behind my house)-but it's been a good ...aaaa ...30 years-OUCH! I hate it when I have to say stuff like that.
PB