Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Paper Adventure continues

I can’t believe I’m caught up with Elise Blaha’s Paper Adventure…for now:


Week 10’s prompt was Got Talent? I really don’t have any amazing knack for anything except…I can really clean my plate. When I was in the 8th grade, we had a school trip where we stopped by for pizza for lunch and I ate the most slices out of everyone. A whole pizza, back then, was sliced into 8 slices and I ate 6. Three-quarters of a large pie went into my 14 year old, 110 pound framed gullet. Man I loved pizza as a kid.

My other talent? Love a good deal. Almost to a fault. Like the times I buy those Value Stacks of Scrapbook paper…a LOT. I’d say to bury me with it, but there’d be no room in the coffin for me.


Week 11’s prompt was Habit. I thought about the habits I have so far (e.g., check gmail before work every day) but I really thought about habits I wanted to have like exercising and crafting regularly. And more importantly, connecting with people more regularly—and I don’t mean electronically, I mean live! Sigh. Someday.


Week 12’s prompt was Luck. I have no luck in Vegas or Lotto, but I have to say, that I’m very lucky that I’ve met so many good people in my life. Seriously, I couldn’t be much wealthier when it comes to good peeps. Besides my family, I’ve met people who have impacted me with their kindness, sharpness, and insight. Some people have struck me in passing as kind strangers and some for much longer as good friends. Believe me, I’ve also met plenty of top tier A-holes too but the positive effect of the good folks really outweigh the jerks. But maybe my luck is turning--I did recently win an RAK on Susan’s blog! My guilty pleasure is magazines so I’m thrilled to have won a copy of Home and Heart magazine from her. Maybe it’s time to buy a lottery ticket…

No comments: