Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A new campaign for this Tuesday

You know how the fans of the tv show "Jericho" brought it back out of cancellation by flooding CBS with e-mails and bags of nuts?

Now bearing in mind I want to work the opposite, what do I have to do to get Carl’s Jr. to cancel those Chili Cheeseburgers ads? I am the biggest UnFan. It’s the one where a couple are sitting eating their Chili Cheese Burgers and the woman looks up and says, uh, you’ve a little over here (indicating her face). You hear his attempts, did I get it? did I get it? and then it's revealed he has a full-on beard of chili on his face.

Ah, hahahahahaha---yaaaaaarrrrrrgh!

That's my response, except there's no laughter, just straight to the vomiting.

The paradox of their discussion on their attendance of a black-tie event and his face of chili is not lost on me. I believe it was supposed to enhance the humor. Too bad I was busy trying to scrub my brain of the final image and muttering it's just a commercial, it's just a commercial.

Seriously, chili? Anything saucy with chunks of anything is going to look gross applied to the face. Remember that weird cookie pizza ad where the dad incrementally grew a crushed Oreo beard on his face as the conversation wore on? I was busy shuddering from the creeps on that one. I mean chili-face and cookie beard are glazed looks and raised arms away from being monster zombies in anyone's nightmare.

Maybe I can start a campaign and mail Carl's Jr what, chili? my vomit? the rest of a zombie costume?

How do I make the horror stop?

2 comments:

dad said...

I am so sickened now, to quote Morrissey. Seriously, can't the FCC do something about these wildly obscene adds? They do amount to something of a public nuisance what with all the slurping and schlurping, if you will, and other manner of extreme eating spectacle...um, remember they put out that Paris Hilton ad not too long ago to entice guys to chow down on their fare. What's grosser, an anorexic stuffing her face into the maw of a behemoth six dollar burger or the new chili cheeseburger ad campaign featuring a guy impersonating my two-year-old and a plate of sloppy joes?

Anonymous said...

I agree, that is a really gross commerical. I gag just thinking about it. If you find out where to write let me know. When that commercial comes on I just shut the sound off and look away. YUCK!