Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Paper Adventure Week 9

The theme for Week 9 (I'm still 2 weeks behind) was Take It or Leave It: Advice. There are a few things my mother advised when I was younger that I related better to as an adult. Like lately, the one that resonates with me is getting up early. I totally remember her saying that when she got up "late" she ended up wondering where her day went. This past Sunday with Daylight Savings Time going into effect I slept in, and adding the hour we lost and running a few errands, it was 4pm before I knew it. That Sunday night dread of Monday coming for me combined with what did I do today? was just so disappointing. Mama was right.

I also included the only bit of advice I tend to give out--follow your instincts. I think at the heart of most situations we know what we should do but we may try to convince ourselves of a different action. For example, a recent one for me was whether or not to finish off a whole box of Girl Scout cookies. I barely followed my own advice on that one. I didn't say it was easy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frances,
I love your layout - where did you find those adorable Owl tickets? I am SO coveting them!
-Cheryl

Pound said...

i can totally see instincts telling you to eat cookies :P
cute page too!