Monday, March 10, 2008

I have arrived--Tagged!

I have truly arrived in the blogging community: I have been formally tagged!

Linda tagged me to reveal 7 things about myself:

1) I was captain of the Math Team of my high school. You heard me. Captain. In fact, I received a varsity letter for it.

2) I was absolutely dateless in high school. Did I just hear the hugest collective gasp? I know, that looker on the ID card who loved to wear rummage sale clothes (though that unisex number in picture might have been a mall purchase) and lettered for the Math Team?
Is this kind of like when Nathan Lane officially came out a few years ago--what, he's gay in real life?!


3. One of my favorite flavors: baby aspirin. Yum-O.

4. Another one of my favorites: butter

5. You know how Liberace was known for his glittery capes? 50 Cent for his grill? Me--it's the hoop earrings, specifically the thin, silverish, 2-inch hoops. Or maybe my Fluevog shoes.

6. I was once a member of the Teamsters union. I worked for UPS during my junior year of college. I won't bother getting into too many details now but I worked the "sunrise shift" (4am-9am) Monday through Friday loading those brown trucks. Being a night owl as most college students are, I barely got any sleep. Surprise! I got my worst college grades that year.

7. I just tried Yogurtland today. It's a self-serve frozen yogurt bar where you can choose from about 10-12 flavors, especially extra tart ones, and top it with various toppings. And then you pay by weight. I could've sworn these were around when I was a teenager. (Are roller rinks coming back too? Is the NBA going to be wearing those short shorts again soon?) It was definitely good--I had the sugar-free blueberry yogurt topped with fresh strawberries and mochi balls. Though Paul was right, I do feel a little guilty for all those castrated mochis.

There you have it, 7 revealing facts about me. Fascinating, I know. Now to tag much more interesting people than me (I'm supposed to do 5 but I only know 3 other bloggers): Jamie, Cheryl, and Susan.
I was also tagged by Cheryl with this:

This is a way to honor a fellow blogger to acknowledge that their blog has made their day. I'm totally flattered by Cheryl's inclusion of me and I hope the post she read that day wasn't too ranty. Here are 10 blogs that make my day (in addition to ones tagged above):
Elise Blaha
Maria Grace
Made it through my first Tag! Happy Monday People!

3 comments:

Jamie Ko said...

I was at Yogurtland too! and witnessed a guy HIT another car and act like he didn't know he did it. um, the car you hit was SHAKING from the impact. my new love on yogurt? captain crunch cereal. i usually put fruit, and mochi, and granola.

thanks for the tag...but I was already it! take a look...

Pound said...

LOVE yogurtland!!! and i can't believe you didn't wait and go w/ me :P
my fave is like 10 diff flavors with strawberry, mochi balls and fruity pebbles. we have to go. hey, w/ jamie too.

ok onto your 7 things haha.
so you were capt of mathletes? LoL
baby aspirin? SICK.
butter? yes.

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.