Friday, March 28, 2008

To Do

Here is my To Do list this weekend:

- TAXES!
- Exercise
- Clean up clutter
- Balance checkbook

I don’t know why I think weekends are these huge blackholes in time where I can accomplish so much in two days. Then I get so bummed when I get, like, 10% of it done. Like this weekend, I’ll probably install TurboTax on the computer, work up a sweat doing laundry, put dishes in the dishwasher, and find the checkbook. If I down some Red Bull, maybe I’ll even pack that skeleton on the porch and put it into the garage. Or should I just leave it? Halloween, after all, is merely 7 months away…

Another observation, totally unrelated: About 10 years ago, I used to get Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton mixed up all the time. Also Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney. You know who I’m starting to get mixed up? Justin Timberlake and Ryan Phillippe. Anybody else? Or have I just earned my membership into the Crabby Old Fart Club? That new movie they’re promoting—StopLoss. Who is that? JT or RP? Who is that in the Pepsi Commercial? RP or JT? Who is the one who moved from a long term relationship and is now with a younger, and oh-so-less-uptight, version of their former partner? Wait…oh right, that’s both of them.

Is that the sound of my Vice President nameplate going up at the Club?

4 comments:

Pound said...

omg frances. i'm so glad i read this today. i'm dying.
i used to be like ya bill pullman was in twister. no wait. bill paxton. who was the one in while you were sleeping? paxton. No, pullman. gah, forget it!!!
dont' even get me started on dermot and dylan.
another one that means i'm officially prez of the COFC, ewan macgregor and ian macewan. 0.o
one of them is like 60, and the other one is 30. you'd think that would help. nope.

i don't have the jt and rp problem, but now that you mentioned it, they are starting to morph into each other.

Pound said...

kyle maclachlan and campbell scott. ya i know, the names aren't even close. but they look alike and have the same hair. :P
although after satc, i don't get them confused anymore since kyle was trey.

Pound said...

dear god, how old am i??

ian mckellan.ewan macgregor.
meh. whatev.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I got Dec an iPod for Christmas and when I was talking to someone at work I called it a walkman!! And she said "Walkman?"-she's 22-and I was like "Damn, why did I have to say that to someone young!!"
PB