Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dinner in Riverside

I picked up the girl and Nana from the airport after lunch, and the girl and I drove out to Riverside. My friend at work, Mere, hosted an awesome dinner party with plenty of good food, including strawberry-basil pops made by her culinary student daughter:


We had a delicious BBQ of veggie burgers and my friend's awesome potato salad.


We learned how to play dominoes. I'm not very good.


Mere's husband made me a big tumbler of a drink made with tequila. Losing wasn't so frustrating after that.


A killer cheesecake made by previously-mentioned culinary student daughter also helped ease the pain of losing. I mean, isn't Dominoes a game for children and old people?


We ended up playing quite a few games into the night.


And we discovered there was more fun to be had that just winning and losing in dominoes.


Great way to end another super Saturday.

2 comments:

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pound said...

we need to play dominoes. words w/ friends isn't working out for me.