Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dutch breakfast for World Cup (Ned-Bra)

Got up early to meet my World Cup mentor at work to watch the Netherlands-Brazil 7am quarterfinal game. His grandfather is Dutch so we rooted for the Dutch. I convinced my friend to make a party of it by having a Dutch breakfast to go with it. We even rallied about 3 more people to come. I googled "Dutch breakfast" and narrowed it down to coffee with Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread) on toast. My friend brought in this cheese which he called "mouse turd" cheese (I don't think the Dutch call it that, though) but it turns out it's just cumin-infused cheese and it's delicious melted on toast.

The Dutch won. Delicious!

The day got better with surprise gifts of a Starbucks latte and some Sun Kist fruit gems.

Sweet, sweet day.

Side note to those wondering about last night's Eclipse viewing: I don't think I drank enough for that movie. I was really hopped up for a lot of vampire/werewolf fighting. Or at least a lot of vampire necking. Yeesh, so talky.

No comments: