Friday, July 30, 2010

Our days are numbered

here in Southern California. I have been in denial these last few months but our last weeks are finally here. We're moving to Columbia, South Carolina where Paul will be at the "real" USC--University of South Carolina.

We will miss our friends, the lovely weather, and Trader Joe's, but we look forward to new adventures on the East Coast.

So on that note, the girl's time has been filled with spending time with her friends--which also means sleepovers.

I fell asleep to the sounds of Rock Band and found this in the morning:

Of course I wondered why the couch cushions were everywhere but the couch, what had been in the dirty glasses (including the shot glasses) and plates on the table, and where the heck her friend was. Did she get upset in the middle of the night and her parents picked her up without waking me? Well, with a bit of exploring I found her: she was sleeping in that tented cubby hole next to the fireplace.

While I was at work, the girls apparently made lunch for themselves:

Yes, they made cupcakes for lunch.

I know. You want to nominate me for Mom of the Year.

Fortunately, we're able to see friends for a nice dinner before we go:




And perhaps share a margarita as well:


We're going to miss all of our friends in California!

No comments: