Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good people

Some friends at work treated my holey finger much better than me. I had pretty much resigned myself to wrapping my finger in layers of paper towels and scotch tape to sop up the bleeding but L & M insisted on treating it with hydrogen peroxide and wrapping it up with gauze. Something about not getting it infected.

I'll confess that I lost my poise a bit when they were treating it as it's difficult for me to see myself bleed from a cut. Or as they might say, I was a screaming baby begging them to just put a band-aid on it--I'd be fine! The other hard part was when they were whispering to each other and I would catch the words like "hole", "divot", "stitches", but the final prognosis was that if I kept it clean I wouldn't have to get stitches. Amen to that.

No comments: