Saturday, July 31, 2010

Halloween in July

Yesterday went down as one of the most memorable and best days of my life. I have to say that the friendships I have made at work are priceless. Soon it'll be understood why.

Gracious, where do I begin? I guess at the beginning, so here goes:

Yesterday, Friday, July 30, was my last full day at work. The night before, one of my friends suggested meeting for breakfast before work. What a sweet way to start the day, I thought to myself.

After breakfast, we walk into our office lobby and K and L pull me into the Ladies Room with the words "trust us". Of course, I do. They don't let me near the mirror and tell me to put on these clothes:

They proceed to do my hair and put on what feels like a LOT of makeup and jewelry:


At this point I'm thinking, hilarious--I'm going to be dressed up for my last day like my birthday. And yes--they dressed me up as Jersey Shore's Snooki!

(thank you K!)

But wait. It gets better:

Besides pix from previous Halloweens, the poster says:
Today is your day.
We celebrate you, and all that you do.
If we had it our way,
we'd make you stay.
But since you must go,
we want you to know
how much you've changed us all.
So get dressed up
and go out with a BANG.
Let's celebrate your
favorite Holiday!!!


Dear Lord, I got so choked up. Have sweeter and kinder words been written? Not for me--I was ready to burst. On top of this, there was a huge Words with Friends layout on the office wall:

Love the adjustment--Words with Fran. Hee--get it?

Then it turns out a bunch of folks also got dressed up for Halloween in July--I almost cried my eyes out.

A slight tangent: they say that one of the key differences in British and American schools of drama is that in America, character is built from the inside out (history, life, etc.) while in England, character is built from the outside in (costume, physical traits, etc.) I think I should have been an actor in England because I'm pretty sure I became Snooki yesterday. Between the hairpiece, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and makeup (especially the ten layers of bronzer), the attitude and posture just flowed:

(thank you L!)

Can you see the gum practically falling out of mouth?

With "his" mullet and my poof--we'd make a hot couple on the Jersey Turnpike

Me and Johnny ready to kick a$$--no mercy!

One of my favorites is this friend's detail with the 3 headbands, fuschia leggings, and lavender leg warmers:

The best part? She went to the gas station totally dressed like this on the way to work and totally got the stare down by some suit in a BMW. When she acknowledged him with a friendly wave, he quickly averted his eyes and jammed into his car. So funny. In her honor, I went inside the grocery store to use the ATM dressed like this and could totally feel the eyes burning on me. Unfortunately, I didn't have the stones to turn around and acknowledge anyone like she did.

But I did get the proper recognition in Starbucks:


That's right, Snooki needs refreshment:


Best day at work EVER. Thank you EVERYBODY. I will truly miss you all.

No comments: