Thursday, March 17, 2011

SoCal Checklist: Get Banksy-ish

As I've expressed before, I'm a huge fan of Banksy and have attempted projects with his clever twist (plus an added dose of sweetness). This time around, I thought I'd try something along the lines of this piece that Banksy did on the Palestine segregation wall:


I just had to find an office with a dry-erase wall where the occupant had the day off:


Unfortunately, since I lack realistic artist skills, I had to improvise with my lame drawing skills:


Errrggg. Unfortunately, the bricks didn't translate, and well, anthropomorphic cupcakes and toast didn't convey that sense of paradise "through the wall" as I hoped. And since I spent a lot of time scrubbing the wall (man, dried dry-erase markers is really, really hard to remove), this was as good as it got.


Well, not all attempts can be successes. Sometimes trying and failing is an important part of the journey, don't you think?

BTW, P, you'll want to wipe this down soon. I mean it, those dry-erase markers really set in hard.

2 comments:

Pound said...

ok i'm sorry i love you sooo much but i'm dying over that drawing!!! you might as well use sharpie. banksy would be rolling over in his grave if he was dead.

Frances said...

Well, well, da Vinci, have you ever worked with dry erase marker? It's like a fuzzy magic marker that sometimes wants to erase over itself. But you're right, Banksy would die if he saw this.