Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year



I made a bunch of resolutions for 2008, as I have for decades of new years before that. None of the goals are that out of the box or for that matter, out of reach. But disappointingly, I often don’t stick to them. Sometimes, they’re too vague, like, eat healthier. Though I didn’t eat a stick of butter every day in 2007, those many weekends where I finished an entire sack of Cadbury milk chocolate mini eggs or an entire platter of nachos watching “Orangutan Island” didn’t meet the resolution either. Other resolutions I analyze to death. Like I’ve been meaning to get crafty and start sharing and selling on Etsy, but I get caught up in what should it be, what if it’s totally crappy, what are the tax ramifications, etc. So this year I am moving resolutions out of my head and into action. I’m hoping this blog will help keep me accountable to myself or at the very least, get stuff out of my head.

Perfect example. Even this blog I planned to launch on New Year’s Day to get a fresh start on the new year and it’s a week late…I was going to say, how typical…but the typical would have been no blog at all. So hooray for me—better late than never. The glass is half full after all.

2 comments:

Pound said...

WOOT! i'm so proud of you!!!
you blogged!
do i need more exclamation points?!

you watch orangutan island too?
hahah j/k, i have no idea what that is. but i can totally feel your bag of cadbury.

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.