Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Paper Adventure begins

I decided to follow along with Elise Blaha's Paper Adventure - yes, I know it started over two weeks ago. Anyhoo, in case you don't know, Elise Blaha, is inspiring a mini book project where she gives a thoughtful prompt every week and you make a page out of it. She also shares her version. Between that and her blog, she's got a lot of great, inspiring stuff. Anyhoo, here's my page for Week 1, the prompt was Balance.
Not my best work, but I didn't want to overplan it. I played with a lot of elements I don't normally use on scrapbook pages--like the 3D stuff: that Lil' Davis bottle cap, the little clock face from Paper Source, cake shaped cake topper (got a bunch at a flea market with Linda), and blue pom pom. I liked how they represented various aspects of my life that I'm trying to balance. Oh well, this is going to be a very chunky journal.


Here is the back, plus a whole cup of those cake toppers and one of my favorite Fontwerks font, Fortuna Dot. I didn't do too much and tried to focus on the journaling, which took a bit longer.
I'm aiming to catch up the last two weeks this weekend. It seems kind of funny that I'm cracking the whip on myself with creative stuff I enjoy. But the lesson I learned from the shirt project from a couple of nights ago is just get it out of my head and do it. (Once I get in that habit, I'll add the planning.) Otherwise I feel I'm just hoarding the supplies to create something and not actually creating.
I also went to the gym after work with a friend. It's one of those times where I talk all gung ho but I wouldn't really mind/secretly hoping she'll bail and I can go home and stuff my face:
Me: Hey you ready to go to the gym? 'Cause my stuff's in the car.
Her: Do you still want to go? I have to get my stuff too.
Me: Sure, of course...If you want to still go...
Her: Yeah, let's do it....
Me:
Her:
Me:
Her: Okay then, I'm going to get my stuff and get ready
Glad we went--having each other there kept us honest. It's true what Elise said-- afterwards you never say,"Damn. I shouldn't have wasted my time doing that." I'm aiming to go a third time this week.



1 comment:

Pound said...

so cool that you started this! sometimes having something to follow keeps you on track.
and i'm LMAO @ the gym thing. i'm so like that too, wishing the other person will just say no.