Monday, January 14, 2008

my can-do creative buddy

I had been meaning to do something with this shirt of Velina's. Obviously, there was some magic marker explosion nearby when she was wearing this last (though this picture doesn't do all the damage justice). And unfortunately I didn't notice the stains until I pulled it out of the dryer, with the evidence nicely baked in.

I initially had big plans in early 2007, I was going to do some fabulous embroidery flowers. Then I thought of sewing on felt flowers and embroidering some awesome leaves with some french knot berries to boot. Then I saw a CK magazine layout where a scrapper had put together a cool owl by paper piecing. So I upped it to piecing together a cool owl with felt and embroidering some wonderful owl accoutrements--branch, little buds, a witty and wise owl bon mot in script, etc.

In 2008, however, the shirt still sat there, unworn with the magic marker stains glaring at me. To combat my habit of planning rather than doing, I decided to find a quicker, yet still creative way to fix this shirt. I worked with my new buddy (inkjet iron-on sheets), printed out some dingbats enlarged to 164 point size, and sort of collaged them over the most glaring stains and wha-lah! My first midnight post of creativity for 2008:

Well, there isn't a cohesive theme (except that they're all dingbats) nor pattern (the stains were all willy-nilly to begin with) but it'll do. I guess the real test will be what the girl thinks in the morning. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Annabelle said...

So what did she think?

Pound said...

that came out cute! way faster than embroidery :P