Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On time

Dare I say it, I'm ahead of schedule? For week 5 of Elise Blaha's Paper Adventure the prompt was a little picture (vs. the "Big Picture"). I got a little carried away while painting the back of this transparency (I was using the paint as glue and worried that it'd dry too fast so I was rushing). Unfortunately, it sort of obscures the photo itself: when Velina was 6 or 7, she must've thought I was taking too long to come up and tuck her in after I sent her to bed. She left me a note with these big alphabet cards on the floor of the room, right at the door. I laughed out loud and I had to take a picture of how clever she was.

Though it’s not the most thought-out layout, I like that I experimented with fonts, transparencies, and paint finally and played with this page from an old children’s book. I’m totally digging that this project is an opportunity to try new things, as well as reflect on life moments and thoughts, so I’ll love flipping through later. Plus at this weekly pace, it’s give me consistent creativity exercise without being overwhelming. I recommend anyone to give it a try--

3 comments:

Pound said...

you're doing so well keeping up!! and that velina!!! that's hilarious!

Jamie Ko said...

that's an awesome page. I'm two weeks behind on Elise's paper adventure. still need to do last week's as well as this week's...

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.