Thursday, January 24, 2008

My chunky valentine

So I took a break and made a valentine with some vintage stuff I had: playing card with romantic flowers, sheet music, ribbons, cupid and mini cake toppers, buttons, coaster, and a fat dymo label printed on a vintage dymo machine. It's pretty chunky and I'm not sure if it'll even fit in an envelope, but I love the feel of it.

I'm getting ready to watch "No Country for Old Men" and wanted to fill up with a little love first. I actually made two more valentines, though not nearly as chunky:


I love retro valentines and didn't want to overwhelm this one with too many embellishments but I fear the sheet music lyrics are a bit busy for it. I also have these vintage cherub cigar box labels which are perfect to use for a valentine. I cut the flowers apart on the playing card as little embellies and loved utilizing the blank tickets to spell out LOVE.
I have a lot of these vintage supplies and I'm tossing around in my head of putting together something for an Etsy shop...I'll give it more thought after the movie.
I've been powering through movies--saw three last night: Hairspray, 3:10 to Yuma, and Away from Her. Tonight I'm tackling "No Country for Old Men" and tomorrow's forecast says There Will Be Blood...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm... I feel a little left out. How did I not even know you had a blog???
I too am shocked by the death of HL. (And I love Annabelle's comment about Guiliani.)
I'll be checking this thing in the morning now - 6:00 my time... Think of me.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

So, I thought you did not beleive in Valentine's Day? Over rated - jaded? Oh wait! You just don't celebrate on Valentine's Day right? Somehow I knew you had a heart. Totally kidding of course. This stuff is so cute! So proud of you! Keep up the good work. Gee - now I feel left out too, just like your friend Joanne. I need to carve more time to the craft. -vmm

Pound said...

oooh awesome! you're making so much stuff lately :P