Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy 2011 to everyone. We were fortunate to be with beautiful friends who flew in near enough so we could spend New Year's together. Now that's a great way to kick off the New Year. Though I'm not so sure about the first breakfast of the New Year (especially after the personalized plate I got from the DMV):



I'm a bit behind on formalizing my New Year's resolutions like last year. And I'm chagrined to see I accomplished little more than half of last year's resolutions. But my general focus remain the same: health, family, friends, and growth.

So here is what I'm starting off with:

- At 158 (about 2 pounds heavier than last year's New Year Day), I AGAIN aim to break 150
- Manage productivity better: declutter and manage time better
- Get a better workflow for post-processing photos (I have no trouble taking lots of pictures, it's the uploading and clean-up editing that takes so much time and daunts me)
- Get comfortable with flash--yes, including my 580EXII
- Do 6 photo shoots (including post-processing) in 2011 (including one inspired by the beautiful Tim Walker book my sister gave me)
- Make stuff (using the stuff I moved out here to SoCar) - focus on upcycling
- get out more--especially with the girl
- read 10 books in 2011
- watch 12 good movies in 2011
- write more

Yes, a bit broad but I've got specific ideas floating around in my head. Wish me luck. Anybody else got ideas and/or resolutions?

1 comment:

Pound said...

no resolutions. do or do not. there is no try.