Thursday, October 14, 2010

I bet you say that to everyone Mr. H

I responded to a Twitter poll posed by Desmond Howard from ESPN GameDay:


One, obviously it can be done. A #19 South Carolina beat the #1 Alabama last week when GameDay came to town so it's not out of the realm of possibility that a #18 Wisconsin could beat #1 Ohio State. Two, those who know me know I tend to root for the underdog. And finally, since Michigan State beat Wisconsin, this can only mean win-win if Wisconsin beats OSU in terms of the rankings.

To my surprise, I actually got a reply via direct message:


Now obviously, GameDay wouldn't be in Madison if this wasn't a possibility. And frankly, morale can only be increased when a national sports channel validates the possibility of an upset by coming to your town. I think it really upped the energy and confidence here for USC when GameDay was here for their big game against Alabama. But bottom line, can I bet who Mr. Howard will pick on Saturday?

No comments: