Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saturday--options

I know it's only Wednesday, but I've already got the weekend on my mind. Sure I should finish painting but there are some big events going on around here.

First, there is the big MSU vs. Michigan game at 3:30. Both are currently 5-0. This should be good. (Go Spartans.)

Second, there is the big game less than a mile away at Brice Stadium between the home team, the USC GameCocks vs. Alabama, the #1 team in the country right now. That game also starts at 3:30. On top of that ESPN GameDay is coming to Columbia. I can only imagine it's going to be crazy around here.

But finally, I had circled this event on the calendar: this Fall Heritage Festival & Pickin' Party at the South Carolina State Museum. Not only will there be four types of South Carolina Bar-B-Q, a portrait exhibit of South Carolina residents in their daily element, arts, crafts, and entertainment, there will be a screening of A Man Named Pearl, plus Pearl Fryar himself. Needless to say, the man sounds ridiculously inspiring and someone that I think the girl would benefit from hearing speak. And frankly, I'm always up for some inspiration myself.

Sigh. Good thing we have a DVR.

No comments: