Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still not on FaceBook

As I've mentioned before, I still haven't had the gumption to join FaceBook.

Again, the main reason is I don't need a timesuck like FaceBook. To which a friend pulled up my blog and pointedly queried, "Unlike this?!" To which I clarified, I don't need another timesuck.

Plus I found this guide to various types of FaceBook Friends to be pretty damning. I'm already guilty of inhabiting, uh...most of these personalities on my blog posts and on Twitter. I don't need another venue.

Besides, with the latest privacy issue where FaceBook apps were found to be sending User ID info to advertisers, I'm further discouraged.

Maybe it'll be like waiting on a 3D TV--let time pass until the bugs are worked out and the price to pay (in this case, how personal data is handled) is affordable.

2 comments:

Blah said...

Alright, I'll have to admit, I've got a bunch of those "various types" on my Facebook friends list. Hell, I think I've probaly been one or two of those types at some point or other...

Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.