Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday

Well, I recovered somewhat. After steeling myself with a stout bowl of latte:


and "hangover hashbrowns" at Cafe Strudel:


The food was great. Did I mention I LOVE hash browns? Crispy shredded potatoes. I would marry it if I could. Here they were topped with cheese, onions, tomatoes, banana peppers, and eggs as you like them. So good. I really look forward to coming here again.

Afterwards, we went to Lowe's and I got a couple of quarts of "Hint of Honey" to do a third coat. I also got a 3/4" nap roller and a gallon of primer for the girl's room.

The third coat worked. Well at least enough for me. The patchiness and any unevenness is really only noticeable if you're straining to see it. Otherwise, it's a sunny little room with a lot of stuff.

As we already bought the paint from Lowe's for the girl's room (yes, I've made the decision to go with a better brand next time), I made sure to use primer first. I tried the 3/4" nap roller but didn't notice any improved coverage and worse, got a lot more back spray and flecks of paint on me as I rolled the walls. The knife in my heart came when I ran out of primer after 3 walls. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH. Since the other room only used 2.5 gallons to do 3 coats of paint, I figured one gallon of primer would be plenty. Dear Abby, I wanted to stab myself in the brain.

Back to Lowes AGAIN for another bucket of primer.

No comments: