Friday, November 5, 2010

Rice to Riches

I was thrilled to accompany my sister to her midwife appointment today where we learned, among other things, that I am still about 10 pounds heavier than my sister, who is 8 months pregnant. The baby, unlike chubby Auntie, is doing great--hooray!

As we were walking on the street, my sister wondered aloud, I wonder what that woman was eating? And it's funny, because it probably has to do with the fact that she's pregnant, but I was thisclose to chasing that woman down and demanding that she tell me what she was eating and where I could get another. Weird, right? Don't worry, I refrained. But as luck would have it, we happened upon this joint, Rice To Riches:


The door was practically calling my name:


As was this sign (hey, was it at the OB appointment too?):

"Eat all you want...you're already fat"

The flavors had fun names:


My sister and chose the Man-Made Mascarpone with Cherries and Almond Schmalmond.


Delicious. If you're ever down in Soho--this is a fun treat! Great alternative to gelato or ice cream.

No comments: